News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Meet Spot!!!  (Read 5661 times)

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
Meet Spot!!!
« on: 24, January, 2010 - 09:38:28 »
Here's my latest girl 'Spot'

She is whats known as a Ghost Motley Corn Snake.  She is about 2.5 Feet long and 13 monts old. When fully grown she will reach a length of about 4-6 feet and be about 2.5" thick.

She gets her 'Ghost Motley' name from the round spots on her back and the grey colouration - its a really nice morph.

Feeding on frozen thawed large 'Fuzzy' mice & 'Rat Pups' I expect her to move up to small mice in the next couple of weeks.

Here is a picture of her home

How about that then ?

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Re: Meet Spot!!!
« Reply #1 on: 24, January, 2010 - 10:08:48 »
Cool  ;D
I've currently got a Western Hognose snake and a Leopard gecko, but i've also had Tarantulas, Corn snake, Tree frogs, and we used to have a Common Boa. Got from a hatchling, as friends of ours has bred them,  and she grew to around 7ft, but unfortunalty she got very ill and died.

Snakes are great, but surprising how many people think they are still all slimy.

Daz

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 24, January, 2010 - 11:05:17 »
I have to admit I'm not a big fan of snakes , but I do remember when my dad's friend made the local news. This guys pet python had eaten a dressing gown and had to be taken to the vets to have it removed  :o

...having looked at these piccies I'm trying hard to resist jokes about trousers and snakes  ;D :P

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 24, January, 2010 - 11:35:50 »
I have never been a fan of them either, but a friend at work would not shut up about them  - so much so that I went round to his gaff to take a look at his.He has Royal Pythons - Carpet Pythons - Boa's & Corns.  I found out that they are nice, tame and not at all like you think.

So - as part of the 'lose the fear' program I bought one off him and history is in the making - lol

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #4 on: 24, January, 2010 - 18:44:22 »
I have to admit I'm not a big fan of snakes , but I do remember when my dad's friend made the local news. This guys pet python had eaten a dressing gown and had to be taken to the vets to have it removed  :o

...having looked at these piccies I'm trying hard to resist jokes about trousers and snakes  ;D :P

nah! don't worry that would only be a dis-robe'd snake lol!

imo fascinating creatures to study, being a wimp i just could feed them live food, even though i hate mice and rats etc.

i used to spend many hours 'huntig' snakes and lizards as a kid on holiday at St Osyth (near Clacton), it used to have brilliant dykes and ditches to explore - so who needed xboxe's or a playstation back then?.

on the 'up' side snakes might make great spare tyre's for a C5?

(only joking honest  ;D)

regs
alan

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 31, January, 2010 - 18:37:54 »
lol - well spots eating pre-killed mice and rat pups so no problem there.  I suppose after a bit of fattening up she might fit the rear wheel - lol.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #6 on: 01, February, 2010 - 06:21:01 »
My wife, Karen would love spot, she like's snakes and things, must amit not a great fan myself, I'd rather stroke a tiger than hold a snake. I do find the dragons quite fascinating to watch but no touching ! :D

Retro Andy