News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: ..a blast from the past , properly quick 3-wheeler ! Grinnall Scorpion  (Read 6824 times)

Karl

..went round to view how my project c5 is progressing and saw this beastie in the garage with it;

What an impressive machine , I remember these coming out a while back ;
http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.grinnallcars.com/&ei=tRsxStWBF4aZjAeO9o3YBw&sa=X&oi=revisions_result&resnum=5&ct=result&cad=revid%3D1072693122&usg=AFQjCNGFYGCdPemRuEGimga685kq7IbXew

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
That is so cool, can just see your C5 in the back ground, can't see from the picture too much, but can see steel wheels all round ? What are you doing to it which invovles a workshop like this ?

Retro Andy

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
It's going to be a time machine, could not find a DeLorean so it's a Sinclair LOL.
Karl, put last weeks lottery on for me m8, I have the numbers LOL.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
Thats already been done Umpa, have a look at the C5 Alive website downloads video, back to future spoof. Its something you might what to film something similair.

Retro Andy. 

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
Yeah I saw that, very good film. But this is the real deal.  :)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
One day i will have to get a toy like this, i do like the aerial atom the best, but would like to find something similair in my price bracket.

Retro Andy

Karl

That is so cool, can just see your C5 in the back ground, can't see from the picture too much, but can see steel wheels all round ? What are you doing to it which invovles a workshop like this ?

Retro Andy

......just like the original Sinclair C5 project, all participants in this little project are sworn to secrecy  :-X

If it all works out as planned, it should be really good fun though  ;D

We're hoping for a first test run end of the month/early July  ;)

As for the Grinnall , I reckon one of those would make a superb "retirement" present when I give up all things "C5" , .........by that time I'll be able to afford one :D

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
I doubt you'll ever give up the C5's - lol

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
I doubt you'll ever give up the C5's - lol

Lets hope we all don't, just think how funny it look with us on are C5's in thirty years, it would be like last of the summer wine in C5's  ;D Don't know who would be compo ?

Retro Andy

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
lol now that's funny !! made me laugh - I don't tend to plan that far a head but....... Deep Heat is my friend - lol.

Mark and I went out for a C5 drive today - went about 7 miles hooted at a PC and had a smile from him, it was like a mini meet, well enjoyed it.

Oh yes i forgot to mention, the 038 battery on his only lost 1 green light - whist my dead expensive calcium battery peeped and cut out when we got back - now I am a lot heaver than Mark - but jeez I expected it to last longer than that!
« Last Edit: 14, June, 2009 - 20:20:13 by Umpa »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
I've been getting through the deep heat recently as i have torn some mussels in the bottom of my back, its been over two weeks and it still hurts quite a bit by the end of the day, so i'm already finding out what i will have to deal in my later years.

Retro Andy

Karl

Re: ..a blast from the past , properly quick 3-wheeler ! Grinnall Scorpion
« Reply #11 on: 29, September, 2009 - 19:46:07 »
Dave took me out for a blast in the Scorpion today - and I'm still recovering  ;D

What an awesome machine.... 8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #12 on: 30, September, 2009 - 08:21:43 »
I bet you had a big smile on your Karl going for a spin in it, looks really fun, I do hope one day I can get a big toy kit car of some sort.

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #13 on: 30, September, 2009 - 08:36:20 »
I bet you had a big smile on your Karl going for a spin in it, looks really fun, I do hope one day I can get a big toy kit car of some sort.

Retro Andy

It was a bit like Jeremy Clarkson in the Aerial Atom - I thought my face was going to get ripped off  8)

So much fun  ;D

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: 30, September, 2009 - 08:38:05 »
It looks awesome - did dave build  it ?