C5ALIVE Forum

C5 Help => C5 Support => Topic started by: LPODonovan on 10, September, 2011 - 19:20:31

Title: Electric control system
Post by: LPODonovan on 10, September, 2011 - 19:20:31
Needing some help with a C5 control system.  My C5 came with no wiring, no control box, no indicator panel.  What i have got is a motor and a battery!  I know the motor works as if I connect the battery it spins.

Questions;

1) Has anyone made up a simple safe control system?
2) Can I wire up a simple on/off switch between the battery and the motor?
3) What signals (from the indicator panel) are critical?

I am NOT going for a concourse C5 just something that is safe when driven.  Thanks for your guidance
Title: Re: Electric control system
Post by: PLOD11 on 10, September, 2011 - 19:28:32
You can run it with a relay and a switch, Radiomarty or Karl should be able to help with the connections etc, very basic but works fine, several people are using this setup.

John
PLOD11
Title: Re: Electric control system
Post by: LPODonovan on 10, September, 2011 - 19:48:28
Thats amazing and thanks for the swift reply!  Ill contact the guys and buy those parts
Title: Re: Electric control system
Post by: Karl on 10, September, 2011 - 21:06:34
The c5's mentioned running on just a relay are shown here;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1182.0

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1208.0

...I cant remember where the diagram is but when I get a moment I'll make a few kits up - but it wont be before Brooklands due to other commitments