C5ALIVE Forum

C5 Help => C5 Support => Topic started by: pso-buzz on 01, December, 2012 - 13:15:54

Title: Are these real C5 indicators?
Post by: pso-buzz on 01, December, 2012 - 13:15:54
Hello all

I have seen these in eBay and wasn't sure if they are original Sinclair ones.

The connectors look like car connectors to me.


http://bit.ly/VaWBbQ

Can anyone confirm if they are correct?

Thank you
Simon
Title: Re: Are these real C5 indicators?
Post by: Michael on 01, December, 2012 - 16:44:11
Can not say they are or are not C5 indicators as I do not have any on mine. They do look just like the ones I have in my garage that I brought for a kit car I have and needed to get it passed by the ministry.

Mine came from a land rover again from eBay. The only different was mine did not have stick foam backing, just a foam backing.
Title: Re: Are these real C5 indicators?
Post by: radiomarty on 01, December, 2012 - 18:07:00
In my opinion they are not but would pass as a very good match if not identical as I believe Sinclair sorced them from BL - I think these are from a Landrover - Plod would probably be able to confirm this.  :)
Title: Re: Are these real C5 indicators?
Post by: C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER on 01, December, 2012 - 18:10:14
Hi the original C5 indicators do not have any letters or numbers on the lens ...
Not sure if these have any markings
Title: Re: Are these real C5 indicators?
Post by: Luke S on 02, December, 2012 - 11:56:50
If they are original they are the front ones
Title: Re: Are these real C5 indicators?
Post by: Lancealot on 02, December, 2012 - 13:21:28
They look like land rover ones to me as they are a bit yellow (but could be the photo).

Lance
Title: Re: Are these real C5 indicators?
Post by: Luke S on 03, December, 2012 - 16:49:11
I think they are the Land Rover indicators. The casing around the wires looks suspicious as shown in the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-90-and-110-SIDE-REPEATER-LAMP-/220625453453? (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-90-and-110-SIDE-REPEATER-LAMP-/220625453453?)