C5ALIVE Forum

C5 Help => C5 Support => Topic started by: Punjanaman on 19, March, 2013 - 12:09:09

Title: key switch repair
Post by: Punjanaman on 19, March, 2013 - 12:09:09
Hi everyone,
Would anyone have a pic or diagram of the internals of the battery key switch assembly.
A few weeks back I stripped mine to replace the tumblers in the key barrel and I now realize I have deleted the pics from
my camera ...a pic of the underneath would be helpful .
Title: Re: key switch repair
Post by: kamilb1998 on 19, March, 2013 - 16:30:34
(http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz311/kamilb1998/Sinclair%20C5/Twin%20keyswitch%20conversion/076D688E-47A3-4FDC-AEE7-0759C8BC0B40-6020-00000367378D6248_zps44a44188.jpg)

Hope this is of some help.
Title: Re: key switch repair
Post by: C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER on 19, March, 2013 - 17:13:05
Hi there If you want just send it to me and I will make it work .


Bye Chas
Title: Re: key switch repair
Post by: Punjanaman on 19, March, 2013 - 19:15:11
Hi Chas, i am trying to re-use the original key switch on a non original battery...i made a battery cover and bought a Maplins key switch to switch on 2 relays which in turn power the lighting and motor circuits, it works very well but it's as ugly as sin and it's not original, so i stripped the Sinclair switchand changed the lock tumblers for some  NOS British Leyland locks in my spares bin.It now works as it should but how can i use it to switch on the power ???Is there an alternative you can supply ??
Title: Re: key switch repair
Post by: C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER on 19, March, 2013 - 19:59:29
Hi why can't you use the original key switch.. Any chance of some photos ..

The latest C5 I am building will be using the original key switch also the rest  will be as close to 100% original as I can get it ..