C5ALIVE Forum

C5 Help => C5 Support => Topic started by: billing389 on 19, June, 2013 - 10:12:33

Title: whats the cheapest battery for a C5 I could get
Post by: billing389 on 19, June, 2013 - 10:12:33
Whats the cheapest battery for my Sinclair c5 I could get to test everything is working.

Its still a way to go before I can get it on the road
Title: Re: whats the cheapest battery for a C5 I could get
Post by: C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER on 19, June, 2013 - 11:11:50
Hi there it depends if you have the original key switch or battery clamps ...Any charged 12 volt car battery would do but it only takes a split second to damage the control box / pod so make sure you connect it the right way round ....(I know you may say I know that but I have been servicing C5 for years and it does happen)
Bye Chas
Title: Re: whats the cheapest battery for a C5 I could get
Post by: Doc Holliday on 19, June, 2013 - 16:15:28
It happend to the C5 that I got from the fomer Owner - I have to rebuild eveything  :(

Thr cheapest is the smallest battery - start at 0,54 € but I think you can only test the electric not the motor(Camelion A23-BP1 23 8/LR932 Elektronikbatterie Alkali-Mangan 28,5x10,3 (HxØ/mm) 12V 28,5x10,3 (HxØ/mm)
up to 220Ah 12V Batterie Fulmen Nautica Tudor
220Ah 12V Batterie Fulmen Nautica Tudor
455,00 EUR

just take jump-cables from a car (battery) that would work without buying an extra battery  :)
Title: Re: whats the cheapest battery for a C5 I could get
Post by: gertk on 19, June, 2013 - 17:31:17
For testing you can also use an emergency jumpstarter with a built in battery.

I also used a 17 Ah 12 Volt battery and could get around the block many times  :D
When everything is working you could consider a full size battery with a matching charger.
The original charger is only usable for old style wet lead acid batteries and can damage gel or closed lead acid batteries.

In this thread you can see what I used/adapted: http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3040.0.html (http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3040.0.html)