News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Need some info on large cog spacer  (Read 3046 times)

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
Need some info on large cog spacer
« on: 09, September, 2010 - 11:27:53 »
hi people,
i've been putting the bright yellow C5 back in order, and ran it yesteday all good to go.

this is the Adam Harper conversion C5 shown in the forums main picture, which i bought several months ago.

had a new boiler fitted yesterday, so i'm home alone, spent a lovely hassle free day of several hours tidying up wiring, cleaning off the dirt, remaking connections and titivating in general, it's not perfect but now very presentable.

i noted the main dog has a lot of side to side travel, so in use the belt runs overlapping the motor dog, for now and the Brooklands meet, i've cured it with some penny washers as spacers, but is there a proper spacer available anywhere?

if so, weather permitting the 'yellow beast' will be scaring horse and old ladies by tearing it up around the test track at Brooklands this Sunday  ;D,

if you can catch me - i'll buy your spacer  ;) God willing if the brakes work - i might even pay for it.

on tha, bit of a health and safety tip, just don't get in front of me - the brakes still need serious attention  :o.

Alan

Karl

Re: Need some info on large cog spacer
« Reply #1 on: 09, September, 2010 - 12:57:50 »
..........this is the Adam Harper conversion C5 shown in the forums main picture, which i bought several months ago.

...erm, its not an Adam Harper conversion mate !

This is Hanks old c5 so it was built by Mark, the previous owner of c5alive, and is a similar spec to my own "Voodoo" using the old c5alive 24v conversion kit.

The rear wheel set up will be the same as a standard 12v c5;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=342.0

Is it the shims you are missing ?

« Last Edit: 09, September, 2010 - 12:59:43 by BooBoo »

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #2 on: 09, September, 2010 - 20:58:06 »
Hi Karl can you bring me 2 Schwalbe back tyres to Brooklands  Bye Chas

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #3 on: 09, September, 2010 - 23:46:09 »
..........this is the Adam Harper conversion C5 shown in the forums main picture, which i bought several months ago.

...erm, its not an Adam Harper conversion mate !

This is Hanks old c5 so it was built by Mark, the previous owner of c5alive, and is a similar spec to my own "Voodoo" using the old c5alive 24v conversion kit.

The rear wheel set up will be the same as a standard 12v c5;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=342.0

Is it the shims you are missing ?

Hi Karl,
i bow to your esteemed knowledge :)

yes, it is the shim/spacer i'm missing, guessing about 4mm thick x 22mm ish! hole, if you have spare one or correct dimensions, i'd be deeply obliged.

i'll be after some tech input about the brakes, mainly rear, might need what ever counts as brake shoes,  you can chuck some in again i'd be in your debt.

front, well attempts a good mime when you pull the lever, fairly non existent effect. i will try pick up some blocks, but think the rims stuffed as ruff as badgers bits.

if i don't get time, might be fitting my steel front wheel on Sunday in the pitts, i know i have to strech the forks - so bring your best muscles  ;D.

really pleased with the way it came up, mainly needed some silly stuff sorted out like badly made battery quick connections, on/off switch had the connections wrong, and the throtle was on the left so perhaps reveresed a lot lol!

lights are i place but not working yet, but that's nothing to taxing.

i have the instruction sheet for the control box, mentions about changing resistors to match load, so want to compare notes with you on that before we race  :D.

sheets shows a battery condition indicator. is it worthwhile, still available and if so how much?

being 24v the motor sensor wiring is not hooked in, so i'm looking to find out what it outputs in 'fault' then fit some sort of warning if possible.

i lie in a long straight road, the blast down my street was very gratifying, as rider of 2 x powerful PTW's it felt very odd having a throttle closed agaist illing the transmission and peddling like made to get back up the hill  ::)

Alan